Sunday, January 15, 2017

Dies R Us Winter Blues

A new challenge called Winter Blues begins today at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  For this challenge, I decided to make a shaker card using some pretty blue glitter paper. I sponged a background using distress inks and masking a circle to create the moon. The  Poppy Stamps House in the Woods was cut  from white card stock. I colored the window and door and placed some acetate behind it and added  a little homemade flower soft for the shaker part. I wish now that I would have added a few sequins. I cut some IO  snow flakes from the same blue glitter paper and added them to the front of the of the raised panel.


 Poppystamps - Dies - House in the Woods (NEW)Impression Obsession - Dies - Snowflakes
Poppy Stamps                 Impression Obsession Snowflake

I will also enter this in the Poppy Stamps Silent Snowflakes Challenge
 Now go over to the Dies R Us Challenge Blog to see more inspiration and then create your own Winter Blues card. We get so much inspiration from YOU !!!
 

16 comments:

  1. What an awesome scene! Great job Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card with the house, trees, and moon, Kathy! Love those glittery snowflakes, too...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Kathy!! I love the scene you've created!! The snowflakes look amazing!! The moon in the background is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this die and the shaker scene behind it! Ohhhh, those gorgeous snowflakes, too! I'm trying not to buy anything for a while but, dang, you make it hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!I love the wintery scene! The sparkle is amazing!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful! I just love the scene you created and making it a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty winter scene...such an awesome idea for a shaker too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, you create such wonderful scenes with your dies. I love how you placed the snowflakes over the top of this one. The scene is so peaceful. Beautifully done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful wintry scene! Love the depth and dimension you have perfected here! The glittery paper adds the chilly element as well as your snowflakes! It feels so quiet like a perfect winter's night! Love your big bright moon too. This is a cool card, no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scene you have created Kathy! gorgeous background and wonderful snowflakes.
    Thanks for joining us over on the Poppystamps Challenge blog!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic frosty and wintry scene you've created. Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Kathy! Love this little cozy winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow! I think my jaw just hit the table! This is amazing! Love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card design.
    Thanks for joining us over on the Poppystamps Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete